Re: Sinclair discussion list

>Paul Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> Digest mode simply means that instead of getting each message to
>> the list individually, you would get one message from the list
>> each day. The one daily message includes all messages received
>> by the list for that day. So if 10 messages are sent to the list
>> on a particular day, instead of receiving 10 separate messages
>> you would receive just one message. Some people like this method
>> of delivery for mailing lists with high message traffic.
>>
>> Paul Sinclair
>>
>> --- Original Message of rupreed (06:39 AM 3/9/98 -0600)---
>> >i guess i don't know what a digest is or what the advantage
>> would be.
>> >could someone explain that?
>> >
>> >thanks
>> >deb reed
>> >
>I just deleted 15 Sinclairs from the list today.

I'm guessing you mean you deleted 15 messages from the Sinclair list.
No one has deleted 15 Sinclair relatives from the list.

> Since you don't have a disgest mode

If by "you" you mean Paul, he's not responsible for the mechanics
of this list, so don't blame him for anything that goes wrong with it.

> and since I am not getting anything out of this list I'll
>just have to sign off.

That is, of course, your decision.  However, the subject
of digests only came up one day before your message.
I would hope you would wait until we see what the resolution
of this issue is.

>RSVP
>Bob Stevens

Since RSVP means "please respond", I have done so.

Thanks,
John
--
John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>
President, Matrix Information and Directory Services (MIDS)