Re: Too many, Too few

In message <3.0.5.32.19980312153154.009e75d0@pop.studio32.com>, Jason
Sinclair <jason@studio32.com> writes
>Hi folks.
>
>Today is my first day on this mailing list, and I have noticed a flurry of
>activity over...Well, a flurry of activity. I am part of several other
>lists, and I have noticed a few ways of politely keeping traffic down while
>still being heard and getting the information we need:
>
>1. Generally, I myself try to avoid any "I agree!" or "Me too!" posts. If
>there is substantial bit of information I want to get across, I will send
>it, but I try to avoid spamming the entire list with one sentence comments.
>
>2. If somebody out there has a question that I want to answer or I want to
>ask something to them, I will email it directly to them and avoid
>cluttering up everybody else's mailbox with something they might not be
>interested in. General info (that in our case pertains to all things
>Sinclair) is fine, because somebody might get a piece of info on geaneology
>or history that they never even knew they wanted. The same goes for general
>questions, because somebody you have never met might know the answer you
>are looking for.
>
>3. I *love* the delete button. If I look it over and there is nothing to
>interest me, out it goes. I don't let myself get worked up over a full
>mailbox, because what might not be important to me was important to the
>person who wrote it in the first place.
>
>Sorry if all of this sounds arrogant and "me, me, me", or If I come across
>as a net-based know-it-all. I just wanted to share with you what I have
>found to keep lists a bit easier to manage.
>
>Thanks for letting me get my two cents of spam in,
>
>Jason David Sinclair

yes, it's fine to press the delete button - and we can all do that, I assume--
I'm very new to all this e-mailing and the internet and such. So I happily read
everything because I'm also very new to discovering that I just might be able to
find out something about my Sinclair family - many of whom left Scotland for
North America and lost touch with us.  My mother was Isabel Sinclair from
Freswick, Caithness. She was born in 1903, youngest daughter of William Sinclair
of "Roadside", Freswick. Her mother was Jane ( nee Kennedy, from John O Groats
but with Orkney links.)  My grandmother had a sister Anne who went to Canada,
Toronto area, I think after the first World War. Her married name was Weston.
One of her sons, Jim, visited Scotland and visited my mother here in Scotland
when he was here during  the second World War.

i have contact with other of my cousins in the States and Canada. I visit and
we're close but we'd love to find our Weston connectionc.

Is there anyone around who can help me trace the Westons?

Incidentally, my family name is an interesting one for the Scots.

Jean Haddow