looking for distant relatives

Hello! I am looking for others who may have descended,as I have, from one John Sinclair who departed from a British naval vessel off the coast of Northern Maine in 1815. I am not sure exactly where he lived in the area, but I do know that my father's immediate family lived in St. Francis, ME. Should anyone have any information it would be appreciated. My brother has a list of our direct lineage from 1815, but I would like to explore its branches a bit.
Also, although my last name is spelled 'Sinclair' my father's family had always pronounced it 'Sinkler.' Does anyone else share this peculiarity?