RE: More on St. Clare and the Sinclair/St. Clair Namesake

on 09 Jun 98, sinclair@zilker.net wrote...

>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>I don't think the point was that we are all descended from her or him.
>I certainly made no assumption as to the family relationship to St.
>Clare.  I simply stated who she was in general terms.  I also don't
>think that because they (Saints Clare and Clarus) were celibate means
>they absolutely are not related to the family.  Many members did not
>procreate but they are still members of the family.  That's the glory of
>collateral relatives.  If your family tree doesn't branch, you've got a
>real problem.

Saints are usually called by their given names not their family names . So
St.Clare's family name may have been Magillicudy or Macgubligin for all we know.
I am descended from the 'SIN'clair side of the family so I guess it may be
predictable that the Saints don't impress me much...:-)    ...William