RE: new to the list

Dear Fiona,
I too descend from John of Exeter through his son, John Sinkler Jr, b. c. 1668 Exeter.  Then Samuel, Richard, John, Joshua, John W., Lettie, Marvin, Eleanor, and myself, Laurel.  So I am 11th generation also.
The page you describe is from the book, The History of the Sinclair Family in Europe and America, by Leonard Allison Morrison. pub 1896.  I have a copy of it.  And on page 65 it does say "Chapter VI.  John Sinkler of Exeter, N.H., and his descendants."
Let me know whether you get this.  Sometimes my messages don't get through.
Laurel, Portland, OR