Re: Washington State Sinclairs

To Sandy, Laurie, John, and everyone interested in the Shurery Sinclairs.

I would really suggest that you get a copy of "The Sinclairs of Roslin, Caithness, and Goshen" by the Rev A Maclean Sinclair.  It was reprinted by
Clan Sinclair Assoc. of Canada. (contact Rory Sinclair, 133 Major St. Toronto,
M5S 2K9).  It's only $12 Cnd., plus whatever postage.  Its full of so many names, and I keep getting them mixed up.  However, in the chapter called
"Additions"   It mentions that "Thomas Sinclair, tacksman of Shurery, was the progenitor of the Sinclairs of that district.  It is likely that he belonged to the Sinclairs of Dunbeath and Stemster.  He had apparently three sons, William, George and Alexander.  He had at least five grandsons, William, Alexander, William, George and Donald."  Then it goes on and on about marriages and and baptisms, which would take me hours to retype.  I'm sure it will be a great research tool for you.

I hope this helps.

Toni S.