Re: Robert Sinclair and John Ward Sinclair I

Kristin A. Hussein wrote:

> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> Hello all!
>
> I am a new member of the list as of yesterday and am looking for any
> information someone may have available to them with regards to Robert
> Sinclair (gg grandfather) and John Ward Sinclair I (g grandfather - his
> son, John ["Jack"] Ward Sinclair II was my grandfather). The information
> I have on Robert Sinclair and his son, John Ward Sinclair I, is scanty
> at best. Robert Sinclair was born in Ohio, but those before him were of
> Scottish origins. Exactly who immigrated from Scotland and when, I have
> yet to discover. Robert Sinclair's wife's maiden name was Ward, but I
> have yet to find out her first name. Her exact places/dates of
> birth/death are unknown to me at this time. The same for Robert Sinclair
> (except that he was born in Ohio, as mentioned above). All I can do is
> estimate their birthdates at being sometime in the mid-1800's. John Ward
> Sinclair's I's obituary does not list his father as being a survivor, so
> I can assume that Robert Sinclair died before 1928 at least. John Ward
> Sinclair I's obituary also mentions that he was survived by his mother
> and a sister (although their names are not mentioned) who were living in
> Colorado at the time of his death. So, Mrs. Robert Sinclair, the former
> Miss Ward's (first name unknown) date of death is sometime after 1928.
>
> At any rate, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Sinclair's son, my great-grandfather,
> John Ward Sinclair I, was born in Ohio on March 27, 1891 and died in
> Dillon, Montana on June 2, 1928, at the age of 37. He moved to Bannack,
> Montana (gold was first discovered there in 1864) from Ohio at the age
> of 25 to work in the mines. His death was a result of a broken neck
> after falling 100 feet down a mineshaft after lightening struck the
> cable suspending the bucket he was being lowered down in. (I have his
> obituary) He fought in World War I and was a member of the American
> Legion. He married one Rose Gauthier (father: Frank Gauthier - French
> Canadian) in 1921 in Dillon, Montana. They had two children - John Ward
> Sinclair II (1923 - 1956 : died of a cerebral hemorrhage) and Rodney
> Noel Sinclair (1925-1997). John Ward Sinclair II married Lila Camp and
> they had 7 children: Rod Sinclair, Linda Sinclair/Deans/Manska
> (1946-1976: my mother), Janis Sinclair/Harrison/Milder, Michael
> Sinclair, William (Bill) Sinclair, James (Jim) Sinclair, and Marla
> Sinclair/Tamtom. Rod, Janis, Mike and Jim are still living in Montana.
> Bill and Marla are living in Alberta, Canada.
>
> This is basically all I have regarding my Sinclair ancestors and I
> definitely have nothing going any further back than Robert Sinclair.
> Anyone having any information that could take me further back in this
> line or fill in some of the missing blanks, would have my deepest
> [...]
Kristin;
Verry Interesting???. My Great Grandfather Thomas St Clair married Mercy
Noel. and some of his children carried the Noel Name. Perhaps Roberts
Family also married into the Noel Clan as there were quite and still are
a few of them in Ohio. They originated in the Portsmouth [Scioto Co]
Area. I have been working on the Highland Co, [North and East of Scioto
Co] Ohio St Clair/Sinclair's recently. Maybeee??. Keep in touch. You
never know what will develope.
Bob Stevens
--
"If a Tree doesn't have DEEP ROOTS it is easily blown over by a Strong
Wind"