Another John

Hello,  Thought I would join in and ask if anyone knows about my John
Sinclair.  Earliest known ancestor: John born 7 Feb 1788 England, died 15 Sep
1870 Victor, MI, married, spouse unknown.  His son, John was born c1816
possibly New York, died 3 September 1877, Victor, MI; married Mary (H)Elmer 13
May 1838 Walpole twp, Talbot District, Co. Haldimand, Canada West.  First four
children born Canada according to 1850 U.S. census.  Second John migrated from
Canada to MI 1850.  Thanks for any clues. Kind regards
Dian Gustafon