Re: Sinclairs from Argyllshire

Patti,
Here's a small amount of what I know about my
Colvin/Robinson/Robeson/Robison---take your pick!
     Alexander Colvin mar. Margaret Robinson in Scotland.  Came to America in
the 1739 Argyll Colony to North Carolina.
     Their children were:
     Jean/Jane Colvin who mar. Colonel Alexander McAllister In North Carolina.
     Mary                          "      William Stewart
     John                           "      Anne DeRosset  (my line)
John Colvin and Anne DeRosset Colvin's children:
     Jane                          mar.  Benjamin Mills, Jr.
     Mary                           "      John Gambier Scull  (my line)
     John Colvin, Jr.             "  (1) Flora McAllister, dau of Col. Alexr
McAllister
                                           (2) Elizabeth Jones
                                            (3) Catharine Rutledge
I have no information on Margaret Robinson, although there were other
Robinsons and Robesons in there area at that time ( Wilmington, Smithville(now
Southport) and over into Cumberland Co, NC.
Where were your Colvins?  I know there were some Colvins in South Carolina
too, but I have not pursued them yet.  Also don't know which family of
DeRosset's Anne was from.  I look forward to hearing from you.
Best to you,
Rebecca