Re: Joseph or John Sinclair married to Rebecca Herman

Kay Garrison wrote:

> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> Dear Joe--At last, a Sinclair who may be more closely related!  I was born
> in Wilmington DE, lived in Newark, Delaware City, NewCastle, then in
> Kennett Square and  lANSDOWNE, PA.  The story is that William or maybe his
> son Squire Samuel Sinclair moved up to Kennett Square from the Eastern
> Shore, possibly via West Chester PA.  He had married Mary Berry in Maryland
> prior to that move.  Names in the family are William, Thomas, Samuel, John,
> Frederick (and more) .  Does any of this fit in with your genealogy?  The
> Sinclairs were in Kennet prior to the Am.Rev.--Kay
> ----------
> > From: Plumpett@aol.com
> > To: sinclair@zilker.net
> > Subject: Re: Joseph or John Sinclair married to Rebecca Herman
> > Date: Saturday, September 05, 1998 3:12 PM
> >
> > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> > [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> > -------
> >
> > CAN'T HELP  YOUR SEARCH WITH SPECIFICS--- HOWEVER :
> >
> > SURNAME OF HERMAN IS A VERY OLD NAME ON THE UPPER EASTERN SHORE OF
> MARYLAND--"
> > PORT HERMAN " ETC.
> >
> > SINCLAIRS / SINCLAR HAVE BEEN IN THE IMMEDIATE PA.,DE.,MD., [15=/- MILE
> RADIUS
> > ] FOR 150 TO 300 YEARS !  [3 OR MORE DISTINCT LINES ]
> >
> > MY OWN SINCLAIR LINE --FROM ENGLAND AFTER 1835 --HAD ONE DEFINITE
> MIGRATION TO
> > SOMEWHERE IN NEW YORK [ELLEN SINCLAIR ] AND HER BROTHER GEORGE MAY ALSO
> HAVE
> > PRECEDED OR FOLLOWED HER .THEIR SISTER-IN-LAW WAS VIRGINIA SINCLAIR -
> MAIDEN
> > NAME "ARRANTS " FROM CECIL COUNTY ,MD. [UPPER EASTEN SHORE MD. ] .
> ARRANTS IN
> > THAT AREA
> > DATE FROM ca. 1723.
> >
> > PERHAPS THE PRECEDING INFO MAY ALSO HELP UNCOVER OTHER NY. SINCLAIR
> FAMILY
> > HISTORY .
> >
> > JOE GREIGG , WILMINGTON DE.
> > [
> > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> > [ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
> > [  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> > [ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
> > [  info sinclair
> > [
> > [ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
> > [
> > [           To: majordomo@zilker.net
> > [
> > [           unsubscribe sinclair
> > [
> [
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
> [...]
Hi Kay:

Well, again as I said to Joe, we go through Wilmington all the time to
go north to Newburgh, NY, (30 miles from Kingston) where my family
lives.  Kingston was where the Joseph/John lived, whom I am trying to
research.  The Herman name was familiar to Joe in Maryland, so I'm
curious as to whether the "and more" children you mentioned included a
Joseph.  Also, where did the John you mentioned settle, any information
there?  Thanks. G.