New Zealand Sinclairs

Hi everyone,

Often while researching my own Sinclair descendants I have come across
many more Sinclairs who arrived in New Zealand. I spent several hours
the other day going over Canterbury museum archives, files with a number
of Sinclairs from: Orkney, Caithness, Edinbrough, and many more, some
came over from Australia. I would love to help anyone looking for
Sinclair history in New Zealand especially in the Canterbury - South
Island area.
There were several John Sinclair, James Sinclair and William Sinclair
names I remember coming across.
Although New Zealand is a small country there is a great deal of history
within it and some Sinclair's made lasting impacts.

I am happy to help anyone,
There is a John Sinclair with I have been researching only to find he
isn't my descedant due to an error of assumption in a book, he came from
Orig, Caithness area. He arrived in Lyttelton New Zealand on board the
Lancshire Witch in about 1863. He was a carpenter by trade and there is
masses of history left behind in New Zealand on him.

Can I help anyone,
Jenny