Re: William SINKLER, 1680-1757, Penn.

Kay,
William & Phoebe had a son named James, b. ca. 1742  who married Mary
Patterson.  In my published works James is referred to as "Quaker" James to
separate him from the many, many other Jameses in Pennsylvania and earlier
Maryland records.  William & Phoebe also had a son, George, b. earlier than
James I believe.  This son George married Ann Gribb.  George and Ann had a
son named
Samuel Sinclair, b. 1756 who married Mary Berry.  Do you descend from
Samuel?
If so, I would love to have your family group sheets to add to the Archive
book on William & Phoebe.  Kathryn Ellis has done a great job on James &
Mary but I have only bits and pieces on George & Ann's three children.

Would like to exchange material with you.  My mailing address is:  Jean
Grigsby
P.O. Box 339 - Beeville, TX. 78104

Yes, I am aware of the lost boy legend.  However there are three different
branches claiming the same legend.  For myself, I believe the early Quaker
material is correct and that the child was Robert.  The court record
certainly backs up the claim.
Jean Grigsby