Fw: Bureau of Land Management Records

Hi:

I'm forwarding the message I received below.  I know there's a gal searching
ca 1800's in Ohio.  I returned 9 St Clair's in Ohio Land Purchases.  I also
noted a John, signature date 1838, notes:  Alexander St. Clair.  There are
Daniel, Horatio and several James W's listed.

Other states are available for search other than Ohio (but unfortunately NOT
Virginia!).

Hope this helps someone.

Amber

>Another Source for American Searches
>
>The BLM is the Bureau of Land Management. You can search their site to see
> if any of your ancestors purchased land. This would have to be a 1st time
> purchase from the Gov't. either for Military Service (Bounty Land),
Homestead