Re: Glenurcha

Re: Part of an e-mail to Gail from Karen Matheson:

> Gail,
>
> Here is more on Duncan Sinclair and Isobel McIntyre who sailed on the
> "Ulysses" in August 1774 to Wilmington, NC.  They were married May 26th
> [1774].  The marriage register for parish of Glenorchy and Inishail reads,
> "Duncan Sinclar, Shonmelochan [name of farm or clachlan], & Isabel McIntyre
> at the ferry were married."  The passenger list for the "Ulysses" contains
> numerous McIntyres but only the two Sinclairs--Duncan and John.
>
> John Sinclair married Mary Sinclair on 13 Oct 1768 in Glenorchy and Inishail
> parish.  Their children may have been:
> (1) Mary chr 29 Nov 1769 [father John Sinclair, mother Mary Sinclair]
> (2) Donald chr 20 May 1770 [father John Sinclair, mother Sinclair]
> (3) Peter chr 4 Sep 1772 [father John Sinclair, mother Mary]

> Karen Matheson

Karen,

Is this Peter, son of John and Mary, the father of Duncan (or D.A.)
Sinclair?
Duncan (or D.A.) was born circa 1799.   If memory serves me right,
Duncan married a McIntyre.
That McIntyre might be from the same family as Isobel McIntyre.
Duncan's son, John, married a Martha Hannon.   This family migrated from
North Carolina to Texas.

Thanks,

Jerry Sinclair