Re: Johns

Hi Marilyn of Western NY....
>From a quick scan of the Orkney, South Ronaldsay, OPRs I noted the
following: -
      Your James & Barbara Groat who m 04 Jan 1816
    had James c 14 Sep 1821 in South Ronalsay
    ....time passes... (I don't have all Orkney OPRs)
    also Alexander c 03 Jan 1830 in South Ronaldsay

As FYI.....
 1. A John Sinclair who m a Jean Groat
       had a daughter Margaret c 1789 in Orkney, Walls and Fotta
    also had a daughter Janet c 04 July 1793 in Orkney, South Ronaldsay

 2. A John Sinclair and Elizabeth Groat of Orkney, South Ronaldsay
       had son James c 18 June 1854 there.

 .........John Sinclair