Kensington Rune Stone

Subj:	 Henry and the Stone
Date:	98-10-29 01:58:21 EST
From:	m_zalar@hotmail.com (michael zalar)

Greetings,

I have a rather unusual request.  I am currently doing research into the
Kensington Rune Stone, an artifact supposedly left on a Norse
expedition, possibly lead by Paul Knutson to Minnesota in the year 1362.
It is thought that the expediton would have journeyed along the NE coast
of Canada, penetrated into Hudson Bay, and continued Southward from
there along the river systems.

It is thought that a geographer, Nicholas of Lynne, accompanied the
expediton and made a report of that area, called the Inventio Fortunate,
to the English King.  Likewise Ivar Bardson, a preist from Greenland
made a report to the Norse King   While in Bergen, Bardson talked with a
dutchman, James Cnoyen of Harzevan Buske, who also wrote about the
expedition.

What does all this have to do with Henry Sinclair?  Most likely nothing.
However, I am invistigating the possibility that Henry, sailing within a
generation of that time, may have heard of the Knutson/Nicholas
expedition and received or at least read one of the above reports.  Any
connection that could be made between the two expeditions would be
mutually beneficial.

I may not be talking to the right person.  If there is a chief
historian, or someone who has access to the library which Henry might
have used, that would be the best person to talk to.  If there is some
other person with these responsibilities, could you send me his address
or e-mail address?

I thank you.

Michael Zalar
179 E Thompson #1