Re: Is this another hoax?

Laurel,
There was talk of this on CNN.  I do not know what the outcome will be but
I recall thinking that it would kill a lot of things - not just genealogy.
All companies advertising on the internet will be affected and I really
don't think it can be done without a court battle.  I know that Sears is
going online this year for appliances and several other companies are
already on.  I agree that someone should start writing their congressmen.
It is just another ploy for the communications companies to make more
money.  The phone companies have really been hurt by the internet and see a
way of recouping.
Jean

----------
> From: laurel <laurel@spiritone.com>
> To: sinclair@zilker.net
> Subject: Is this another hoax?
> Date: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 1:42 PM
>
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> Is there any truth to this that came to me on another discussion group???
> Laurel]
>
> < Hi All, please pardon this type of post, but I have just heard on CNN
> where the FCC will make a decision in TWO weeks if to allow a CHARGE
equal
> to a long distant charge to be charged EACH time you logged on the
Internet,