Chesapeake Bay book references

Ok list,

I mentioned a book I read on the Scots in the Chesapeake Bay region a few
days ago.

Alan L. Karras -- "Sojourners in the Sun: Scottish Immigrants in Jamaica and
the Chesapeake, 1740-1800" -- Cornell University Press, 1992

Here are two other references I found in our library that may shed some
light. I have not read these.

Jacob M. Price -- "Capital and Credit in British Overseas Trade: The View
from the Chesapeake, 1700-1766" -- Harvard University Press, 1980

Allan Kulikoff -- "Tobacco and Slaves: The Development of Southern Cultures
in the Chesapeake, 1680-1800" -- University of North Carolina Press, 1986
(for the Institute of Early American History and Cultures, Williamsburg,
Virginia)

The first book definitely did not mention Alexander Sinkler, and I don't
remember if it mentioned other Sinclairs. From what I've read, the British
gave up the tobacco trade to the Scots, at least in the early years. Glasgow
was the hub of trade. Alexander came to Virginia out of Glasgow, whether he
was from there or not I do not know.

Rick