Re: William and Harold

Regarding the line from John St. Clair.  I have Arthur St. Clair, b 23 Mar
1734 in Edinburgh, Scotland. died 1818 in PA.  Maried Phoebe Bayard in 1734.
Phoebe Bayard also died in 1818.  They had 7 children that I know of, one of
whom was John Murray, born in Boston, 1764.  This John Murray St. Clair
married in Boston in 1783, Jane Parker.  My information said he and Jane had
one son who never married.

Arthur St. Clair and Phoebe Bayard St. Clair also had a son Arthur, born in
1771 in Ft. Ligonier, PA .  Arthur married Frances Stall of Cincinnati 30 June
1802.  They had a son, John, born 2 March 1806.  I'm not sure who John
married, but I show him as having two sons, William H. St Clair, born 23 May
1829 (10 Children) and Charles St. Clair.  One reference I found said that
descendants of this William St. Clair are the only surviving male descendants
of the original branches bearing this family name.  But, I am not an expert on
this line and when I found out it wasn't connected to my StClair I put it
aside, although I did save the notes.

I had hoped to find a connection between a descendant of Arthur St Clair and
the St Clair I seek, Joseph Kirk St. Clair.  But, no luck for me.  I'm still
trying to find information about Joseph Kirk St. Clair who married Elbertine
Riley.

Of incidental interest, Aarthur St. Clair and his wife Phoebe Bayard are both
buried in  St. Clair Park in downtown Greensburg, PA where I live.  I pass by
their graves almost daily!

JHurst, jahurst@aol.com