Arthur St Clair

osaltsandy@thurston.com I have seen Arthur St.Clairs name on our net a lot
lately. I think he was the General mentioned.   I have dug up an
interesting historical fact about him from Dan Valentines book of little
known historical facts, SPIRIT OF AMERICA  Essay no. 9
 Arthur St. Clair was one of eight Presidents of the U.S. before Geo
Washington.  This historical fact comes about because there was an 8 year
gap between the founding of our nation and the ratification of the
Constitution, 1781 to 1789.  Each of those years the elected President of
the U.S. Continental Congress had the prime authority of the nation and was
indeed the Chief Executive of the land. They were elected for a one year
term.  These are the men in order: 1.John Hanson, 2.Richard Henry Lee,
3.Elias Boudinot, 4.Thomas Mifflin, 5.John Hancock, 6.Nathaniel Gorham,
7.ARTHUR ST. CLAIR, 8,Cyrus Griffin and then in 1789 George Washington.
                                                    Sandy Sinclair  Olympia
 WA  (An old history teacher)