Copying Photos on Good Color Copier

My experience has been the same as Amber if you want
a paper copy only.  My eye likes the result, but my scanner
doesn't seem to like it that much.  When scanning the copy,
the result degrades substantially from the original.  While
scanning the photo itself seems to retain most of it's quality.
It might have to do partly with my scanner (HP 4P) and my
level of expertise.

Mike St. Clair
st-clair@genealogy.org

>Mike and all:

I have had very good luck with making *good color copies* of original
photos.  More expensive but also cheaper than having a photo copied
professionally.

If you put a color copy of a photo in a frame it is next to impossible to
determine that it's not the original.

Hope this helps.
Amber
am1@stratos.net