Re: Fantasy Time

I have long found Katherine Kurtz to be one of the better authors in the
wave of Fantasy (or Sword and Sorcery) epics spawned by the popularity of
JRR Tolkien's Lord of The Rings (New 3x2 hour movies now in production in
New Zealand)...Her Deyrni series are still among the best hints extant for
blending esoteric thought with sprituality...

    Tolkien is the master. His Histories of Middle Earth reflect his
discussions with intimates C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams on spiritual and
mundane matters. No one has come close to the depth of his creation, but
some of the lesser writers are well worth the entertainment value.

    I have also found that the philosphical bits and esoteric pieces from
Tolkien, Kurtz, David Eddings (The Belgariad, The Mallorean), Australian
writer Patricia McKillop (The Riddle Master of Hed, Forgotten Beasts of
Eld), and others, have given me 30 years of decent background from which to
approach the Sinclair Stories.

    I've never been a sci-fi fan for some unidentified reason (except
George Lucas' Star War's - he is the modern day Tolkien)...but it was
Tolkien who first led me into myths and legends, then epic literature,
which eventually opened up literature and spirituality for me...

        I was not aware of Sinclair books by Katherine Kurtz, but will
hasten out to find them today...it is a little chilly in Halifax today, -15
or something but we had Thunderstorms yesterday...so go figure...

        a fire might be in order later...I suppose those of you in warmer
climes could always just head for the beach...

                                                                be well,

rob