RE: Can any of you Canadians add anything?

John,
Thankyou for picking-up this thread.
The information that Dave provided was in relation to enquiries I made with
him off the POS list.
And I am please that he decided to copy the POS-list with his response, his
information is very interesting.
Sometimes a small ripple can carry a long way.  We will continue to follow
it further and see where it leads.

John you might have seen the two items I posted arguing that Henry Sinclair
most likely (I am 95% convinced) went to the New World, under the heading
Facts/Fiction.  Interesting that those that argued that there was
insufficient evidence have not replied to my last posting of 4 days ago.  I
include it below for the Sinclair group, Niven I am fighting the good fight,
but I am losing patience with some people who go to enormous lengths to
defend the indefensible.

Lastly, I gave the presentation on Prince Henry Sinclair to my Lodge
(Chelsea 346 UGLV) last Thursday night and it was wonderfully received.
In their own words my brother masons basically said, "We didn't know about
all this", and "It gives more meaning to a lot of things",
A number of them are members of the masonic Knights Templar and asked that I
consider joining them.
This I hope to do when current priorities with my time have been dealt with.
To all on the Clan Sinclair Discussion group; Thank You for providing your
wonderful support.
As Niven, once said, let the younger ones spread the word!

Regards
Bruce

> ----------

To All,
After reading the comments of those people that deny Prince Henry journeyed
to the New World, I will make the following points.
If the case was based on a small number of sources for evidence, then we
could pick them apart and still be left doubting.
However, when we have considerable sources of evidence, we should see a
pattern emerge and come to the conclusion that he went.
On balance, the evidence for denying it took place has been flimsy and more
supposing is required to de-bunk the Zeno account and map than prove its
true vaue.
To make your case you would have to believe;

that the Zeno map was a forgery
That young Antonio who found the account in the family archives was lying
about when and how he found it.
the Zeno Account was a forgery
That the Council of Venice who endorsed it were lying
That Venice recognises the Zeno trip to this day in error through their
museums
That Prince Henry disappeared somewhere else with his entire fleet, leaving
his kingdom vulnerable to attack for over one year in 1398.
That each one of the remains and relics in the New World have nothing to do
with them but someone else who came to the New World
That the Westford Knight which depicts the Clan Gunn shield, is merely
coincidence, and was chissled by someone else to depict someone else in
medieval armour?
That the Newport Tower which is built in similiar fashion to one at Bressay
and Ophir; which Prince Henry knew intimately, is built by someone unknown
at a later time.
That the Mic Mac indians learned their legend of Glooscap from someone else
that fits Prince Henry' description
That the Mic Mac indians have a philosphy, belief in a supreme being and
symbols that are recognised in freemasonry as identified by them in the 1997
Clan Sinclair symposium, is just one of those coincidences.
That Rosslyn Chapel was built depicting carvings of Aloe and Cactus from
1440 to 1484, when internal decorations were completed,
again coincidence, and it was not actually depicting this at all?  Even
though, Columbus set sail on the Ocean Blue in 1492 and got to the New World
first.

Disagree with some of the points if you will, but you have to stretch things
a bit to debunk all of it and demonstrate he did not make it.

Prince Henry would have known of the New World through his family stories,
his Norse background (his mother) and the telling of the Norse sagas of Eric
the Red and Lief Ericson and the other guy (Paul Knuttson ?? - I cannot
remember).
Henry was not discovering in 1398, but re-discovering or rushing out to the
New World to do something important and get back ASAP.  It cost him his
life, Niccolo lost his life from Arctic exposure, Gunn died and the men on 5
ships were lost making it across the atlantic.  With so much at stake I
doubt that it would have been turned into a nifty fabrication for the
Venetians, Antonio and Niccolo Zeno served under Prince Henry, wrote the
account and crafted the map.

Bruce