Re: Bin Laden

Dear Gary

The Constitution has everything to do with it. The principals of American
dictate the way that American think about law and justice.  No where in the
American Constitution does it preclude non Americans from its protection.
Our sense of right and justice have everything to do with fighting
terrorism.   The Magna Carta and English common law is the basis for
American Federal law and the basis for all State law save Louisiana.  The
Great Charter states in section 39. No freemen shall be taken or imprisoned
or disseised or exiled or in any way destroyed, nor will we go upon him nor
send upon him, except by the lawful judgment of his peers or by the law of
the land.  and in section 40. To no one will we sell, to no one will we
refuse or delay, right or justice.

bin Laden vilely applauded the destruction of the World Trade Centre but
denied responsibility.  If it is for that or any other crime he is wanted
you do not tear up your Bill of Rights and discard the protections of the
world's oldest written Constitution for an quick fix.

The US Supreme cour has decided that the protections of the Constitution
apply to non Americans in the folloing cases;   \16\Ex parte Wilson, 114
U.S. 417 (1885). \17\Id. at 427.  \18\Mackin v. United States, 117 U.S. 348,
352 (1886).  \19\United States v. Moreland, 258 U.S. 433 (1922).   \20\Ex
parte Wilson, 114 U.S. 417, 426 (1885).   \21\Wong Wing v. United States,
163 U.S. 228, 237 (1896).  \22\Ex parte Wilson, 114 U.S. 417 (1885).
\23\Mackin v. United States, 117 U.S. 348 (1886). \24\Parkinson v. United
States, 121 U.S. 281 (1887).  \25\United States v. DeWalt, 128 U.S. 393
(1888).    \26\Ex parte Wilson, 114 U.S. 417, 426 (1885).  \27\Duke v.
United States, 301 U.S. 492 (1937).

Although not law the stirring words of Jefferson in the American Declaration
of Independence loom large;
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that
among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. "

Kathy Sinclair Trappen has suggested that '(I) see the whole picture' I hope
that she and others see that calling for anyone to be murdered not only
violates America law but also violates International law, treaties and
conventions to which America is a signatory.

I detest anyone who commits a 'War Crime'  I disagree anyone who murders,
implicitly or explicitly or calls for another's murder.

AS for voting to change the American government I have a strange feeling my
vote would not count.  I think that you have to be a citizen of a country to
vote in its elections.

Sinclair