Re: Kings of Poland

Sorry, I'm not sure of the question, and you've probably exceeded my limited
knowledge (usually a simple "good morning" can do the same).

Are you asking when the Rosslyn line went from St Clair to Sinclair?  If so,
I didn't know it had.

A son of the second marriage of the Builder was also a William.  The Builder
settled upon him the Earldom of Caithness.  It was around this time,
according to Way, that the spelling Sinclair came into general use.  This
line is the Sinclairs of Caithness, which lost the earldom in 1676 with the
death of the 6th Earl but regained it in 1681 by Act of Parliament.

If the question is only regarding the omission of the preposition, "of," I'm
still of little help.  When was Rosslyn line "of Sinclair?"  Perhaps you are
referring to the title of Baron Sinclair.

Glen