Re: Holy wars.

Sinead,

Thanks for the note.  (I'll use your "alternate name" to avoid confusion
with Jean Paul.)  You may be right to be concerned about "blood and thunder"
Christians, but I haven't seen it personally. The small sample of
fundamentalist Christians that I have run across over the years have been
far more interested in raising their kids well than in running anyone else's
life for them...

I have never really been able to understand the animus that today's popular
culture holds for fundamentalist Christians. The Nazis got better press
before they invaded Poland.

Best regards,

Joe

> Dear Joe,
> I hope you are correct, but I think there are a very few who still are
> blood and thunder Christians. Fundamentalists  of any religion are often
> inclined to only see their side of an argument.
>
> Do keep writing to the list. Your views are interesting.
>
> Regards
> Sinead.
>

>> Oh, but it is... today!

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]