Re: McNokaird = Sinclair ?

As I've always been taught, the Gaelic of Sinclair is Mac na Ceardadh.
 When I was a lad on the town of Wick, we'd use the Gaelic at the school
just to mess about the teachers. Mac na Ceardadh is what we used then as
I got it from my Grand Father and I still use that name betimes today,
just for a lark. *s*
Blessings,
Tearlach Sinclair

Toni Sinclair wrote:

>Dear Connie and all,
>I've been thinking a whole lot about your comment "I assume that this =
>link to the McNokairds means we are not related to the Caithness =
>Sinclairs..." =20
>
> It actually might prove just the opposite.  From what I've learned from =
>this whole exercise, the name  "MacNokaird" is the translation into =
>Gaelic of the name, "Sinclair".=20
>
>Im certainly no authority on the Sinclair Clan history, but it could be =
>possible that as branches of the Sinclairs divided, (ie. Roslin in =
>Midlothian, and  County Caithness)  that some went west and settled in =

[ Excess quotations omitted. ]

--
There's nae man sae deif as he tha' winna hear.