Re: Fw: Sinclair genealogy

John,

If the church records state "...... from Brims, does that mean that they
were from Brims Castle?  Or is there a community by the name of Brims?  Or
is Brims = to Brims Ness?
Do you know?

Also, is there a published listing of gravestone at the cemetery you
mentioned?

Thank you.
Andrea

----------
> From: John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>
> To: sinclair@zilker.net
> Subject: Re: Fw: Sinclair genealogy
> Date: Friday, 17 April, 1998 10:11 AM
>
> >Andrea Wilson of Sugartown, (what a Great Name!) Louisiana - I have an
ordinan
> >ce map (4 miles to 1 inch scale), and the only Brims I can find is
"Brims Ness
> >" which is a point on the north coast approx. 5 miles west of Thurso.
> >
> >Also, I received my first ***newsletter from the Clan Sinclair Society
in Scot
> >land, and they reproduced an extract from Roland William St. Clair's
book "St.
> > Clairs of the Isles" publ. 1898.  Under the Chapter "the Sinclairs of
Borlum,
> > Toftkempp and Thura"  they refer to John Sinclair of Brims, grandson of
Willi
> >am Sinclair of Dunbeath, back in 1649.  From what I can gather, it is in
the p
> >arish of Thurso.
>
> Brims Castle is just east of where your map shows Brims Ness.
> It looks like an old farmhouse.  On the point is a cemetery.
> Some of my ancestors came from there, but I couldn't connect
> them with anybody I found named on stones in the cemetery.
>
> >***For those of you who are interested, membership is only 10 pounds.
Members
> >hip Secretary is Mrs. Kay Dunnett, Cathel Shieling, Lochcalder,
Caithness, Sco