Re: Brims and Sinclair

Andrea,

>If the church records state "...... from Brims, does that mean that they
>were from Brims Castle?  Or is there a community by the name of Brims?  Or
>is Brims = to Brims Ness?
>Do you know?

Good questions.  I would think that Brims is the generic area name
and Brims Castle, Brims Ness, etc. refer to specific locales within
that area.  But I don't know for sure.

>Also, is there a published listing of gravestone at the cemetery you
>mentioned?

Not that I know of.  However, let's ask someone who would be more
likely to know.  I've copied David Sinclair, editor of the newsletter
of the Clan Sinclair Society in Scotland.  Perhaps he can tell us.

There are also others on this list who have been to Caithness many
more times than I have, and some of them may know.  I hope they'll
speak up.

Thanks,
John