Errors in Another Admiral Sinclair

TO:   Sinclair list: sinclair@zilker.net
      and Douglas Nicholson
From: Robert Sinclair Rodger, Halifax, Nova Scotia:
      rodger@is.dal.ca
Date: 28 June 1998
Subj: Errors in Another Admiral Sinclair

Further to my e-mail "Another Admiral Sinclair" on 27 June:
I found two errors in it when I looked today.  The Sir Robert
Sinclair who was Lieutenant-Governor of Fort George was the
7th baronet of his line, not the 5th; so Admiral Sir John
Gordon Sinclair was the 8th not the 6th baronet.  It is a
paltry excuse, but the baronets from about 1700 were
(3) Sir Robert; (4) Sir John; (5) Sir Robert; (6) Sir John;
(7) Sir Robert; (8) Sir John; (9) Sir Robert.  Furthermore,
Sir John was promoted to Com on 13 Aug 1812, not 18 Aug.

It is not Burke's Peerage alone that makes mistakes!