re posting from Rosslyn mail list.

Hi reposting this from the Rosslyn mailing list. Thought some of you prince
Henry Buffs might know something about this. I'll pass on any info to steve

John Duguid

From: "Steve T. Slade" <schwerte@fox.nstn.ca>

Hello All,
    I have been down to see Oak Island this past weekend.
    Alas, there are no more tours and the museum is not open to the public. I
asked around at various establishments in the area and the consensus is that it
has been shut down now for the past three summers. I have e-mailed one of the
members of "Triton Alliance", the current owners of the island, but as yet had
no response.
    Next weekend I will try to get time to visit the "Refuge."
    As you can guess, I live very near to these sites. There are more sites
near here that purport to be of Templar lineage. This is a graveyard on the
eastern shore replete with a Templar cross on a single metal standard. This is
a report from a local friend that is deeply into research in this field.
    One question I have...has anyone heard of the remains of a Templar sword
being discovered here in Cole Harbour, and now resides in a museum in
Connecticut? Someone mentioned this on a morning radio show I listen to at 6:00
AM while I am trying to rouse myself from dreamland. I missed most of the
discussion, but I did snap to when I heard the word Templar. The interviewees
were speaking about a ceremony commerorating the landfall of Sinclair in 1398.
I live about 5 minutes from this area and would dearly love to find information
on this. If indeed it is so.

This is a most enlightening forum. I am happy to be part of it.
    Steve T. Slade
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia