Re: Caithness Nicolson/Sinclair marriages

In message <11006bdb.35a4f8ea@aol.com>, Dlnbn@aol.com writes
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>Hello Richard again. As I promised earlier I list below the connections I have
>in my data between Nicolsons and Sinclairs.  As I have primarily been
>interested in the Nicolsons there is little detail on the Sinclairs - they
>were mainly the spouses - but some of the names or dates may strike a chord
>with someone:-
>Alexander Oag Sinclair  b.1910  m. Catherine Mathieson Nicolson b.1913 West
>Watten,d.1983 Lochquoy, granddaughter of John N. & Catherine Mathieson
>
>Alexander Sinclair b.1769 m. Janet Shearer  ( Wick)  (See daughters Janet &
>Margaret below)
>
>Christina Sinclair b.1824 Bower d. 5 July 1902 Calder Mains m. John Nicolson
>b.1828 Dunnet, d.1882 Calder
>
>Dolina Shearer Sinclair d.1993 Castletown m. James Sinclair Nicolson, son of
>John N. & Marjory Mowat or Sutherland, grandson of James McBeath
>N.(Castletown,Olrig) & Margaret Sinclair, b.1852
>
>Elisabeth Sinclair m. Sinclair Moore (Dunnet) son of George More & Jacobina
>Waters, grandson of James Moir, More or Moore & Euphemia Sinclair (see below)
>
>Elizabeth Sinclair m. 1851 William Calder, Dunnet, son of William Calder &
>Rachel Nicolson (m.1817) (see George Sinclair & Margaret Calder below).
>
>Esther Sinclair m. David Craig, b.1752, Wick
>
>Euphemia or Euphan Sinclair b. 13 July 1753 Olrig m. 1775 James Moir,More or
>Moore,b.1754 Dunnet
>
>Francis Sinclair m. Elizabeth Plowman, daughter of Margaret Calder who was b.
>1740 Watten to Alexander Calder & Margaret Clacher.  Margaret Calder was a
>half-sister of the illegitimate Admiral Donald Sinclair (who reputedly left a
>fortune and was the subject of my original query !!) -  I still want to find
>out more about him.
>
>George Sinclair, probably father of Euphemia or Euphan Sinclair (Olrig)
>
>George Sinclair d.before 1920 m.Margaret Calder, b.1832 Dunnet,d. 1920 Thurso,
>daughter of William Calder & Rachel Nicolson.
>
>Jane Sinclair b.18 June 1894 d. 5 Sept 1976 Bruan, Ulbster m.John Nicolson,
>b.1881 Nybster, son of John N. & Catherine Mathieson (m.1869) (Canisbay)
>
>Janet Sinclair b.20 Sept 1798 Keiss,Wick  (Parents:Alexander Sinclair/Janet
>Shearer)  d. 3 Aug 1879 Canisbay m.1822 Alexander Nicolson, son of David N. &
>Helen Barnie of Slickly, Canisbay
>
>Margaret Sinclair b. 30 Aug 1803 Wick (Parents:Alexander Sinclair/Janet
>Shearer)
>m. 1826 Donald Nicolson, son of David N. & Helen Barnie of Slickly, Canisbay.
>
>Where there is no Parish I have put in brackets any Parish with which the
>family were associated but these are not necessarily where b.,d., or m. took
>place.  Sorry this is so incomplete but it might just help someone sometime.
>Regards, Douglas N.
>

>[
> [...]

-I am so excited, for the first time I've found someone writing about people
close to my family - I' talk to my cousin who grew up in Caithness and i think
we'll find close connections, great. My surname is haddow but mother was a
Sinclair from Freswick in Caithness with relatives in the area mentioned.
Jean Haddow