Re: Washington State Sinclairs

osaltsandy@thurston.com Laurie, You are so right, Squire John was born
April 9 1797.. I was off one generation .  It was his father, Alexander
that was born Feb 16, 1759.  It sure is good to have a copilot to check the
flight plan.  Thanx. The rest of the info is correct.  I'd love to get a
copy of the tin-type of Squire John.  That must have been at the very
beginning of photographic technology.  Sandy

----------
> From: Laurie Sinclair <laurie.sinclair@ucr.edu>
> To: sinclair@zilker.net
> Subject: Re: Washington State Sinclairs
> Date: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 6:00 PM
>
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> Sandy-
>
> Thank you so much for the dates.  As you know, every bit of information
> helps to fill in the gaps of our family history!  One question: is the
> birthdate of Squire John Sinclair perhaps 1795 rather than 1759?  I was
> wondering if the numbers were transposed because he seems awfully old --
> especially for those times.
>
> Yes, I would like to find out some information further back from William
of
> Shurery (1721).  Toni, do you have any information or places where we
might
> look to trace our ancestry further back?  And are you aware that you have
> helped to connect yet another set of "cousins?"
>
> My sister has access to some old books that speak of the Sinclairs and
> their ancestry, their prisoners, their authenticity as a clan, etc...
> After I meet with her, I will throw those names out to this group for
> anyone who may be interested.
>
> Sandy, I will forward any information I find out.  By the way, did you
> receive my "personal" e-mail to you about my "tin type" photo of Squire
> John, and my mailing address?  Let me know -- this is fun!
>
> Annie Laurie
>

> >[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> >[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> >-------
> >
> >osaltsandy@thurston.com Laurie, Yes I have the dates of Squire John
> >Sinclair.
> >He was born Feb.16 1759 in Shurery Scotland.  (As you know ) He was
married
> >to Elizabeth MacKenzie of Forks, St.Marys.  on June 30 1825.  She was
the
> >daughter of Alexander MacKenzie.  Squire John died Aug. 1 1873 at Goshen
> >Nova Scotia.
> >   I wonder how we both can start the process of tracing back from
William