Re:

Re. subject:  Sinclairville, N.Y.

The History of the Sinclair Family in America and Europe by Morrison goes
into great detail about Major Samuel Sinclair who settled in Sinclairville,
N.Y.  Although
Morrison does not claim that it was named for Samuel Sinclair, I have no
doubt that it was as he was one of the earlier settlers in that area.  He
was a descendant of the New Hampshire branch and pages 138-149 are devoted
to this man and the list of his children.
Jean Grigsby