Re: Papl Mandate 1329

>The moors more properly the Moors refer to Muslims from North Africa Othello
>and Ben Yusiff are two Moorish names. Gibraltar was named after a Moor "Gib
>the Tar"

Actually, Gibraltar is short for Gebel Tarik, Mountain of Tarik.

The fight in which our ancestor Sir William was killed took place
in Spain.  They were on their way to the Holy Land to bury Bruce's
heart, as he had requested.  They couldn't refuse a request by a
Christian Spanish ruler to fight the Moors.  The Moors thought
them so chivalrous that the Moors returned the heart and the bodies,
or at least that's what one version says.