Re: Global location of chatee!!

In message <199811140031.SAA05286@akira.aus.us.mids.org>, "John S.
Quarterman" <jsq@mids.org> writes
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>Jean,
>
>>Hi, I'm Jean Haddow in Scotland. I live in Kirkcaldy,in Fife, just
>>I was in London two weeks ago for my investiture at Buckingham Palace.
>>I was awarded an M.B.E in the Birthday Honours. So I met the second
>>Queen Elizabeth!  It was quite an occasion for me and i felt very
>>privileged.
>
>What was said as the reason for your M.B.E.?
>Not just everybody gets one of those....
>
>Thanks,
>John

John - this is my second reply to your query about my M.B.E. It occurs to me
that you may have hoped it was awarded for efforts to do with genealogical
research so I hope you are not disappointed.  Anyway, I've seen some talk about
the discussion list being about tracing family origins and I quite understand
that.I have asked for links to my Caithness Sinclair family, especially from
Ontario where some of our family settled and with whom we have no contact now (
and that includes family  in that area and in Michigan, some of whom went to
North America in much earlier generations.) And I think there is a fine line
between research and "chat".  I feel just a bit guilty having mentioned my
decoration since I think that probably comes into the realm of "chat".  But at
least it's Sinclair chat. However, I have offered help for Fife contacts.
Regards Jean Haddow.