Re: New member

Marilyn,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the Galt Sinclairs are not my branch.  I just remembered reading something about Sinclairs in Galt in one of my mountains of papers, and finally found this family tree.  (I collect Ontario Sinclairs)

Alexander's brothers and sisters settled in the Brampton area (near Toronto).  His father and mother, John and Margaret, were both from Islay.  She died in Islay, and his second wife, Mary Shaw died of cholera at Quebec on the way out from Scotland.

I live in Grimsby, about 30 miles west of Niagara Falls.  Is Great Valley near Ellicottville?

Toni