Re: The Sinclairs of Essex

At 13:52 14/03/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Now Rob, are ye really trying to set the cat among the pigeons?
>
>The Pope apologized for everything so completely that each and every
>particular grievance not specifially addressed remains outstanding in some
>minds. That said he did not to my knowledge mention the templars by name but
>I leave this for the historians to work through.
>
>Mans inhumanity to man is legion and is part of the dark side that paints so
>much of the human condition. Now what was positive is finally a world leader
>recognizing this inhumanity of times past and while the "living hand having
>writ moves on...", it was a right step forward to appreciate, as ones living
>today, that injustice and suffering by anyother name remain for all time as
>injustice and suffering. I found it a hopeful step forward in the evolution
>of modern civilization. A small step but a needed one.
>
>Now if we had everyone aplogizing for everything well the English for the
>Acadian dispora beneath you,  the French for Quebec abandonment and
>Canadians well for just about everything!
>
>Now back to your fiddle! Put the cat away and remember the Junos are only a
>year away!
>
>Neil Sincair Toronto PEI Argyll

Yes, the Pope was anxious to make amends with the Templars but I,
for one, recognised that there would be a quid pro quo attached to any
such pardon i.e. we would again be required to bend the knee to Rome.
Today's Templars are catholic rather than Catholic.  Our approach must
be ecumenical and all-embracing.  The Paulines hi-jacked and corrupted
the teachings of Jesus.  The Templars knew this.  Rosslyn Chapel
provides the evidence of this understanding - indelibly hewn in stone.

The present Pope has shown great courage and great humility.  I hope
he will live long enough to reverse his views on birth control because,
with 70% of the World's population living at subsistence level, it is
positively suicidal to ban contraception.  Paradoxically, the ever increasing
population accelerates the end of Mankind on Earth.

The behaviour of the lemming is more rational than the behaviour of Man.

Niven Sinclair