RE: what should we do?

Connie,
Thanks for your response.  I appreciate your ideas.  They are noble.  We
agree that this situation is complex and must be addressed on a myriad of
fronts.  Actually, when I read your original email, the body of your email
*only* contained the MLK quote below. I read the quote as your answer to
"what should we do?"

I believe that we are seeking the same outcome, although we probably differ
greatly on the path to that outcome.

Thank you again for your expanded response.

Respectfully,

Mel

The quote that you posted:
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing that it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing
evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you
do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely multiplies violence, adding
deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive
out hate; only love can do that." the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“For it is not glory, it is not riches, neither
is it honour, but it is freedom alone that we
fight and contend for, which no honest man will
lose but with his life.” Declaration of
Arbroath, 6 April 1320